Hello from Mr. D

Hi everyone. I hope you'll check out my blog, especially anyone interested in education. I hope to include all types of posts related to the education world. I will be including sites to explore and tips and tricks for math and other subjects. I love card magic and will be including some fun and not too hard tricks. Let me know if there is anything you would like to know more about (please keep it appropriate) and I will do my best to find an answer for you. I hope to talk with you soon.
Mr. D

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Critical Thinking Quiz

Okay class, shake off those cobwebs and use common sense to answer these puzzling questions. The answers are listed below but try not to peek.


Critical Thinking Quiz
1. Two men play five games of checkers. Each man wins the same number of games. There are no ties. Explain this.


2. What is pronounced like one letter, written with three letters, and belongs to all animals? 




3. A man builds a house rectangular in shape. All sides have southern exposure. A big bear walks by. What color is the bear? Why?




4. What is the beginning of eternity, The end of time and space; The beginning of every end, And the end of every race?




5. What is very light but can't be lifted?




6. If there are 3 apples and you take away 2, how many do you have?




7. What overpowers you-without hurting you?




8. What question can you never answer "yes" to?




9. I have two U.S. coins totaling 55 cents. One is not a nickel. What are the coins?




10. When is longhand quicker than shorthand?







ANSWERS:

1. They aren't playing each other.

2. Eye

3. White. The house is at the North Pole so it is a polar bear.

4. The letter E

5. A bubble

6. 2 (you took 2)

7. Sleep

8. "Are you asleep?"

9. 50 cent piece and a nickel (one is not a nickel; the other is)

10. On a clock.

No comments:

Post a Comment